1. International Flight Centre is committed to the prevention of and appropriate response to sexual misconduct.
misconduct refers to a spectrum of non-consensual sexual contact and behaviour including the following;
• Sexual assault;
• Sexual exploitation;
• indecent exposure;
• the distribution of
a sexually explicit photograph or video of a person to one or more persons other than the person in the photograph or video
without the consent of the person in the photograph or video and with the intent to distress the person in the photograph
• the attempt to commit an act of sexual misconduct; and
• the threat to commit an act of
3. A Complaint of sexual misconduct is different than a Report of sexual misconduct.
A person may choose to disclose or complain of sexual misconduct without making a formal report. A Report is a formal notification
of an incident of sexual misconduct to someone at the institution accompanied by a request for action.
4. A student
making a Complaint will be provided with resolution options and, if appropriate, accommodation, and will not be required or
pressured to make a Report.
5. The process for making a Complaint about sexual misconduct involving a student is as
• File Complaint to the IFC's
Manager (Diana Kuan) verbally or in writing, phone #604-789-3386 or firstname.lastname@example.org or CFI (Randell Kuan) 604-789-3866
6. The process for responding to a Complaint of sexual misconduct involving
a student is as follows:
• Any Complaint
made, the manager or CFI will acknowladge receipt of the Complaint within 2 days. The Manager or CFI will hear from
both side and try first to resolve the situation. If needed further action may be used, such as dismissal of the individual.
process for making a Report of sexual misconduct involving a student is as follows:
• File the Report to the IFC's Manager (Diana Kuan) in writing, email to email@example.com
or CFI (Randell Kuan) firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The process for responding to a Report of sexual
misconduct involving a student is as follows:
Any Report made, the Manager or the CFI will acknowledge receipt of the Report within 2 days. The Manager or CFI will
hear from both side and try first to resolve the situation. If needed further action may be used such as dismissal of
the individual and/or Police maybe called in to deal with it.
9. It is contrary to this policy for
an institution to retaliate, engage in reprisals or threaten to retaliate in relation to a Complaint or a Report.
Any processes undertaken pursuant to this policy will be based on the principles of administrative fairness. All parties
involved will be treated with dignity and respect.
11. All information related to a Complaint or Report is confidential
and will not be shared without the written consent of the parties, subject to the following exceptions:
• If an individual is at imminent risk of severe or life-threatening
• If an individual is at imminent risk of harming another.
• There are reasonable grounds
to believe that others in the institutional community may be at significant risk of harm based on the information provided.
reporting is required by law.
• Where it is necessary to ensure procedural fairness in an investigation or other
response to a Complaint or Report.